Unique Playstyles: Players must perfect the way they use the units to their maximum potential.
A lot of manual controls. Microing, and manual skills..
LETS END THE YEAR STRONG!!!!
TO DO LIST for Tomorrow (12/29/15 - 12/30/15)
1.Hi mum 2. Fix Unit targetting & retreating with "D" key 3. Turret Lock-on placeholders (so turrets can't be spammed everywhere on the map, even if they can't be built upon each other) 4. Archer projectiles visible 5. Name & HP bar overlapping 6. Reset does not reset money 7. Money should be in whole numbers (probably fix the refund mechanic) 8. Add unit limits / population limits 9. Mouse cursor change when hoving over units, and another different on Click 10. Once mining is done, left over depleted ore mine & remove the Minery 11. (Edit): Unit production Cooldown, Up to Down Fill-bar & duration. Functioning Unit Cooldown (not priority) 12. Vision and fog of war, all allied units or buildings provide vision.
13. UI Layout -
- Resource/Population Counter
- Units/Advs/Buildings/Turrets Panel
- Description Panel
- Upgrade Panel
- Small Options Button
- Invisible "Text" Bar slightly above the Description Panel that tells players assistance/requirements information. "Please select a unit." "Please select a Mine." "You cannot build that there!" "Not enough resources."
13. (Edit:) New Worker unit that when clicked on, shows two options in the description bar: "Mine" and "Build." (Also show "Repair" but is unlocked for upgrades). If player clicks 1 while selecting a Worker, the mouse cursor changes to a small Target and "Select a Mine" text appears. and all the Mines with occupiable space will turn slightly green, while full mines turn red. When clicked on a green mine, the Worker walks to the mine and goes inside, adding +1 count to "Workers inside" count in the Mine.
14.1 Overlay Ores sprite.
14.2 Overlay Mine Building Sprite.
14.3 (Coding) Make Mines only work when workers are inside. More miners means faster production.
1 Miner = 2 ore are added every 5 seconds
2 Miner = 3 ore are added every 5 seconds
3 Miner = 4 ore are added every 5 seconds
4 Miner = 5 ore are added every 5 seconds
5 Miner = 6 ore are added every 5 seconds
14.4 Limited Ore per map, 3 Per player, so 6 total ores randomly, and mirrored spawn on the map.
14. Buildings that can only be built on top of miner. Miner should act just like SCV, can't move and only stay in that location until building is complete or you cancel it 15. Experiment with Hills (advantage to high ground?) 16. Double clicking on a unit selects all similar units 17. Selected units currently already have a green ring around them. That's good, but also suggesting that they have a red ring too to show their range (for ranged minions) 18.Stacked units will slowly move away from each other 19. Replace all old icons with newer ones.
20. Network testing - Two players, one on left, one on right. Both players can interact separately with their own units. All units and attacks, projectiles are in sync. (Let's do this today)
20.5 Confirm that both players cannot see each other during network testing
21. General Building Construction Animation (3 frames), and have a lot of dust & cogs fall out while building is in progress.
Terrain Depth & Unit Stacking
22. Terrain Depth (2.5d) Make units stand within the depth of the grass terrain (refer to screenshot) 23. Prevent Unit Stacking - by spawning units on a fixed Y axis 23.5 Order of overlapping of units that are spawning lower on the y-axis as top and spawning higher on the y-axis as bottom 24. See if Hills work now